If you are one of the people using browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Microsoft edge and Safari. Here is a series of steps on how to set default homepages of the above browsers in your device.
This is a web browser that is popularly used for Windows devices and smartphones. It was developed by Google and released on 2nd Sept 2008 for Microsoft Windows.
It is estimated that, by November 2015, Google Chrome has a worldwide usage of 58 percent and a level 45 percent as the preferred smartphone browser.
How to set a default homepage for Chrome web Browser.
- First Open the Chrome web browser.
- Tap Menu in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the drop down menu, select Settings.
- Then check the box that is beside the Show Home button.
- Tap Change next to your preferred homepage.
Additionally here is how to set Chrome web browser a default browser
- Click the start menu on your computer.
- Press enter, after typing, Chrome in the search box.
- Tap the Chrome icon to open.
- Select Chrome as your default browser.
- Finish by clicking OK.
- Open Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu.
- From the chrome, menu Click Settings.
- Click the default app section.
- select Chrome as default browser
This is a web browser that was developed by the Microsoft and has been in use since 1995. The internet explorer application is popularly used in on PCs. In 2002 and 2003 the Microsoft Internet Explorer was the most preferred browser with the usage rate of 95 percent.
How to make a default homepage for Internet Explorer Browser.
- First tap the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser icon to open.
- Then click Tools, at the upper corner that is usually at the right-hand.
- Tap Internet Options from the drop-down menu.
- Then type the URL of the page you want to set that is from the general menu.
- From the General menu tap apply.
- click OK.
Moreover, a browser can be set as default and the following are steps on how to make Internet Explorer your default browser;
Make Internet Explorer the default browser on Windows.
- Tap search on your computer.
- Click on the control panel.
- Enter Default programs
- Then click Default Programs.
- Tap change your default programs.
- Make a selection of Internet Explorer from the list of default programs.
- Click Set this program as default
- click OK.
Safari (web browser)
Safari is a web browser created by Apple. It was first released in 2003 and operates with the web kit search engine. Safari web browser is popular with mobile devices including iOS. Also, it is the most popular default browser for Apple devices.
The following are step for setting a default homepage for Safari Web browser;
- Tap the Safari browser icon to open.
- At the left-hand side of the screen click Safari.
- Then from the drop-down menu select the preference.
- Then type the URL of your desired webpage under the general tab on the home page.
- Finally, close the current window.
If you want Safari to be to your default browser on windows you can do so.
The following are the steps to setting Safari web browser as you default browser
- On your PC search for the general settings.
- Click preference menu commonly available corner on the right side of the general setting menu.
- Select your preference from the menu
- Then on navigating to default browser, click the drop down. This displays all available browser apps.
- Then to select the browser you prefer to be you default browser, Safari, Click it.
- On closing the preference and general setting window, you will notice the Safari is the default browser on your device.
- Tap menu button.
- Search for programs
- Select Default Programs.
- Select Safari from the list of the default programs.
- Click set Safari as a default program
- Click OK.
- Tap the Safari browser app on your Mac.
- Select preference from the Safari menu.
- Then tap the general settings button.
- From the pop-up menu make Safari your default browser.
Microsoft Edge (web browser)
This web browser, Microsoft Edge was created by Microsoft as a replacement of internet explorer. It is popularly a default browser for both the windows ten mobile devices and the PC. The web browser is lightweight and has been developed with an EdgeHTML layout engine built to meet the desired web standards. However, it doesn't support legacy technologies like ActiveX, silver light and some other parts of outdated technologies. Comparing the Microsoft Edge web browser with the Internet explorer, the Microsoft Edge is considerably faster and with quite high level of reliability.
Other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox can be imported with ease to the Microsoft edge browser.
- 1. Tap the menu in the top right of the screen
- Go to settings.
- Import files from another browser
- Then select the browser you would like to import from.
How to make Microsoft Edge a Default Browser.
- Search the default apps from the menu on your computer.
- Select Microsoft Edge web browser.
- Click "Setting"
- Click "Set Default"
The Mozilla Firefox browser was created in 2002 and released in November 2004 by the Mozilla Foundation. Firefox is available for free and is popularly used with OS X, Windows, Android devices and Linux operating systems.
Mozilla Firefox was the second popular desktop browser. That is by October 2015 with a rating of between 11.3 and 16.9 percent of worldwide usage. In some such as Germany, Cuba, and Indonesia it is the most popular browser with a rating of 42.3 percent, 85.9 percent, and 47.4 percent respectively.
There are some steps to setting a default homepage on your Mozilla Firefox Browser;
- The Mozilla Firefox browser is first opened.
- Then tap the Menu in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- From the drop-down menu select options.
- Type the URL under the general tab on the home page.
- Then click OK.
Steps on how to make Firefox your default browser
- First click the menu button.
- Search for the control panel.
- Select the General panel.
- Go to list of default programs and select Firefox.
- Then click Make Default.